- Support for Mac OS X Cocoa and GNUstep. Mac OS X 10.4 or later required.
- Mac OS X Universal Binary, including 64-bit support on Mac OS X 10.5.
- No sub-classing required. Seamlessly adds regular expression support to all NSArray, NSData, NSDictionary, NSSet, and NSString Foundation objects with a rich set of Objective-C category additions.
- Unicode enabled. Full Unicode support for NSString objects.
- Extensive, high quality documentation.
- Full source code with a BSD license.
- Uses the BSD licensed PCRE Perl Compatible Regular Expressions library for the regular expression engine.
Tuned for high performance, including such features as:
- Caches the compiled form of the regular expression for speed.
- Multithreading safe, including multiple reader, single writer multithreaded access to the compiled regular expression cache.
- Makes minimal use of heap storage (ie, malloc() and free()), instead allocating most temporary buffer needs dynamically from the stack.
- Uses Core Foundation directly on Mac OS X for additional speed.
Includes support for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard:
- 64 bit support. Pre-built for ppc, ppc64, i386, and x86_64.
- Garbage Collection enabled. Complete support for Leopards Garbage Collection feature.
- Integrated Xcode 3.0 documentation. Get real time API information via the Research Assistant.
- Collection of instruments for Instruments.app.
- RegexKit specific DTrace probe points.